Friday 21 October 2011

Passage Vagrants - A Hawkesbury Reprise

I've never had even whiff of an osprey in fifty years and then two turn up in consecutive blog posts. Walking the dog down the canal I had the sudden urge to walk across the top of Leccy Mountain, the huge pile of dirt heaped upon the demolition site of the old Hawkesbury Power Station. Up top I was admiring the 'stunning' panorama of the entire horizon from Coventry to Rugby, Nuneaton and beyond when out of the blue a buzzard appeared soaring high above the hilltop. Blow me if it wasn't followed close behind by one of the those big gulls - an osprey...!

The one I saw at Seeswood was going in the the direction of here so I wonder if the power lines are a navigation aid? This one flew off following them towards Rugby.

I managed to get a shot at what seemed quite close range but looks far, far away, but it'll suffice ~



Ospreys eh? Common as muck...




No comments:

Post a Comment