Monday 26 September 2011

Suburban Raptors - Longford Buzzard Flight Shots

As I 'walkied' the dog past the canal side perch I heard the unmistakable plaintive mewing of buzzards somewhere over in the field. They were not in the usual oak and their calls seemed to be coming from the motorway so I'm surprised I could hear them with all that racket going on.

I decided to get the camera set up early on full zoom and went round the back of the hedgerow to investigate hoping to catch a few snaps. I spooked the bird out of one perch in the M6 embankment trees and it flew off to another at a safer distance. I got a shot but you'll have to click on the picture to enlarge it to be able to spot it ...



Then it flew off and came my way but I missed a flight shot by seconds so ran back through the hedgerow and just caught the bird on the other side as it soared into the clear sky above the trees...



Then I noticed its mate soaring a good thousand feet up, too far really to see it as anything more than a dot through the lens even with additional Photoshop zooming, however I kept snapping away and got a good enough unblurred soaring shot of the first bird...




And then a better one still as the bird came directly overhead. They both then flew off into the wind toward the second perch over by the Ricoh where they are, no doubt, as I type these words...






No comments:

Post a Comment